Friday, February 22, 2008

What's next, butter tastings?

The lead article in the food stories feed from Wednesday's NY Times was on small dairies.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/02/20/dining/20dairy.html?ex=1361250000&en=8f587a2194cabc6e&ei=5124&partner=permalink&exprod=permalink

I've just gotten around to reading it now. On Wednesday, among other things, I was doing my weekly older person's discount shopping. Looking for some cream to make a quiche with, I discovered some that actually came in a GLASS bottle, from Marin's Strauss Creamery. I thought I'd fallen into a time warp.

None of this will solve the problems around wholesome local food for folks who aren't rich, but for those of us who can re-order our priorities, who can choose to buy less of the good stuff, it's a blessing.

No comments: