Saturday, March 14, 2009

Spirituality of Gardening

This looks well worth checking into...

... there may be similar events in other places...

Lots of interest in community gardens up my way - now all we need is sweat and a goat (to eat the blackberry leaves)....


April 25: The Spirituality of Gardening


Come to our third The Revolution Starts At Home event
The Spirituality of Gardening facilitated by Christine Sine

When? April 25, 2009 | 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM
Where? Mustard Seed House , Seattle


Do you struggle to connect to the story of God through morning devotions and Sunday worship? I believe one reason people are moving away from Christianity at time warp speed is because we have divorced our faith from the glory of God revealed through the natural world. Nothing makes me more aware of this than working in the garden. I read about the death and resurrection of Christ in the Bible, but I experience it every time I plant a seed and watch it burst into life. I read about the faithfulness of God to Israel but I experience it every time I watch the rain fall and nourish the seeds I have planted. I read about the miracle of the fish and the loaves but I experience a miracle every time I am overwhelmed by the generosity of God’s harvest.

In this workshop we will discuss the wonderful ways that God is revealed through the rhythms of planting, growing and harvesting in the garden. Come prepared to get your hands dirty as we will spend some time in the garden or in the greenhouse if the weather is inclement.

Each participant will receive a copy of The Garden Year, a resource that Christine Sine created to help her plan, cultivate and harvest throughout the year.

When? April 25, 2009 | 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM
Where? Mustard Seed House , Seattle


http://www.msainfo.org

+

No comments: