Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Trashfinger

[A cattle rancher from Idaho writes:] I am now semi-retired, and I am finding time now to do things like read the instruction booklet for my digital camera, get repairs done on my house, and such. Today I went to pick up trash in the BLM -- a project started by a man in our church who in an officer in the Idaho Wildlife Society. We picked up two mattresses, a refrigerator, a broken loading chute, and a large metal box, plus innumerable cans and a tampon inserter. The box and refrigerator had been shot full of holes. I am writing for the church newsletter. I headlined the article about project TRASH, "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH". I was looking forward to doing physical work outdoors in my retirement but thought it would be irrigating and caring for livestock. Enjoying beautiful scenery in good company is great no matter how you do it.

No comments: