Friday, July 13, 2012

Percentiles anyone?

I'm way behind in getting some things up on this blog, but here's a quick and fun way to get a picture of how you fit in globally - or perhaps how fit you are?

BMI has limited uses, I think, and can be misleading, but using this tool
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-18770328
you can calculate yours and compare it with others of your sex and age in your country and around the world.

Some things were as I might have expected, in terms of which countries have the highest BMIs among women of a certain age.   Others were surprising.   Without disclosing any of the numbers, who knew that I would fit right in in Malta?  On the other hand, I've always said that if I were anything other than Northern European descent, I'd wannabe a Polynesian.

No comments: