Wednesday, October 8, 2008

I love Swiss Chard

as you might have guessed from the photo here. I've been struggling to get some started in my community garden plot, but something keeps chomping it. I will probably have better luck growing it again in the planters in my small backyard - in fact, I think I already am.

There's one chard plant - from the spring's donation of starts - growing in Marilyn and Stan's plot. They don't eat it, so I have been harvesting it - and it's power as a cut and come again vegetable never ceases to amaze me.

What does amaze me is the number of people who don't eat it or don't know what to do with it.

Here among the NY Times healthful recipes for the week are some recipes. http://www.nytimes.com/2008/10/06/health/nutrition/06recipehealth.html?partner=permalink&exprod=permalink

Most use other seasonal things and things I can source locally. I am hungry just reading these recipes!

No comments: