Friday, May 31, 2019

Ten commandments?

Earlier this month I found The Ten Commandments of Food as adopted by the World Council of Churches.

https://www.oikoumene.org/en/resources/rev-dr-olav-fykse-tveits-address-to-the-seminar-on-food-and-water-for-life-hong-king-4-may-2019/ 

Ten is a lot to remember, isn't it? I didn't go to the sort of Sunday School where we memorized the original ten, though I do think if someone quizzed me on what is or isn't included in them, I'd probably do well. Memorizing is a lot harder now at my advanced age, so a list of three or four things is a lot easier to handle. That's probably why I like LOAF. (See the link on the right.)

On the other hand, this list of ten includes references to scripture, and thus could be a great framework for study. It also includes that all important happy item at number ten: 
Rejoice and share the sacred gift of food with all.

No comments: