Monday, November 3, 2008

Organic Cats of Iowa


I have much to report - some factoids, some observations, some reflections - from the Lutheran Sunday Scientist Symposium on Food and Faith. But before I do much blogging, I need to write my article for Episcopal Life Media.

My attempts at photos weren't great. On the tour of small organic farms Saturday afternoon my best results were photos of farm cats. You can't have a small scale dairy - goats or cows - without cats - and everywhere there were adolescent cats. My favorite was this one, who stayed in the same position for minutes on end at Small Potatoes Farm as Jim Hartmann talked about which vegetables had made it through the first frost and which varieties of garlic were being planted - and as cats blissed out in the unseasonable warm sunshine.

No comments: